As of 2007, Parkland's population is 22,294 people. Since 2000, it has had a population growth of 60.80 percent. See all of our Parkland demographic data.
The median home cost in Parkland is $694,700. Home appreciation the last year has been 22.20 percent. Find more data on Parkland Real Estate.
Compared to the rest of the country, Parkland's cost of living is 79.90% Higher than the U.S. average. See our full report on Parkland Cost of Living.
Parkland public schools spend $5,511 per student. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $6,058. There are about 23.8 students per teacher in Parkland. Learn about Parkland Schools and Education.
The unemployment rate in Parkland is 3.50 percent(U.S. avg. is 4.60%). Recent job growth is Positive. Parkland jobs have Increased by 4.37 percent. See our full report on Parkland Economy.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest:
- KEISER COLLEGE (about 11 miles; Ft. Lauderdale, FL; Full-time enrollment: 2,879)
- FLORIDA ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY-BOCA RATON (about 11 miles; BOCA RATON, FL; FT enrollment: 14,311)
- BROWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 16 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,747)
- ART INSTITUTE OF FORT LAUDERDALE (about 17 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 2,488)
- NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY (about 18 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,554)
- PALM BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 24 miles; LAKE WORTH, FL; FT enrollment: 8,390)
- PALM BEACH ATLANTIC COLLEGE-WEST PALM BEACH (about 27 miles; WEST PALM BEACH, FL; FT enrollment: 2,109)
Public high school:
- STONEMAN DOUGLAS HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 4,308; Location: 5901 PINE ISLAND ROAD; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools:
- WESTGLADES MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 1,808; Location: 11000 HOLMBERG ROAD; Grades: 06 - 08)
- PARK TRAIL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 1,144; Location: 10700 TRAILS END; Grades: PK - 05)
- RIVERGLADES ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 1,044; Location: 7400 PARKSIDE DRIVE; Grades: PK - 05)