As of 2007, Lighthouse Point's population is 11,045 people. Since 2000, it has had a population growth of 2.50 percent. See all of our Lighthouse Point demographic data.
The median home cost in Lighthouse Point is $578,000. Home appreciation the last year has been 20.90 percent. Find more data on Lighthouse Point Real Estate.
Compared to the rest of the country, Lighthouse Point's cost of living is 61.20% Higher than the U.S. average. See our full report on Lighthouse Point Cost of Living.
Lighthouse Point public schools spend $5,592 per student. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $6,058. There are about 20.6 students per teacher in Lighthouse Point. Learn about Lighthouse Point Schools and Education.
The unemployment rate in Lighthouse Point is 3.60 percent(U.S. avg. is 4.60%). Recent job growth is Positive. Lighthouse Point jobs have Increased by 4.60 percent. See our full report on Lighthouse Point Economy.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Lighthouse Point:
- FLORIDA ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY-BOCA RATON (about 8 miles; BOCA RATON, FL; Full-time enrollment: 14,311)
- KEISER COLLEGE (about 9 miles; Ft. Lauderdale, FL; FT enrollment: 2,879)
- BROWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 11 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,747)
- ART INSTITUTE OF FORT LAUDERDALE (about 13 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 2,488)
- NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY (about 17 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,554)
- PALM BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 24 miles; LAKE WORTH, FL; FT enrollment: 8,390)
- PALM BEACH ATLANTIC COLLEGE-WEST PALM BEACH (about 27 miles; WEST PALM BEACH, FL; FT enrollment: 2,109)
Library in Lighthouse Point:
Hospitals/medical centers near Lighthouse Point:
- LIGHTHOUSE POINT LIBRARY (Operating income: $362,313; Location: 2200 N.E. 38TH STREET; 44,950 books; 900 audio materials; 2,567 video materials; 168 serial subscriptions)
- NORTH BROWARD MEDICAL CENTER (about 2 miles; POMPANO BEACH, FL)
- BOCA RATON COMMUNITY HOSPITAL INC (about 5 miles; BOCA RATON, FL)
- ATLANTIC SHORES HOSPITAL (about 6 miles; FORT LAUDERDALE, FL)