As of 2007, Highland Beach's population is 3,972 people. Since 2000, it has had a population growth of 5.40 percent. See all of our Highland Beach demographic data.
The median home cost in Highland Beach is $1,227,700. Home appreciation the last year has been 24.40 percent. Find more data on Highland Beach Real Estate.
Compared to the rest of the country, Highland Beach's cost of living is 63.46% Higher than the U.S. average. See our full report on Highland Beach Cost of Living.
Highland Beach public schools spend $5,600 per student. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $6,058. There are about 18.5 students per teacher in Highland Beach. Learn about Highland Beach Schools and Education.
The unemployment rate in Highland Beach is 4.30 percent(U.S. avg. is 4.60%). Recent job growth is Positive. Highland Beach jobs have Increased by 4.14 percent. See our full report on Highland Beach Economy.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Highland Beach:
- FLORIDA ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY-BOCA RATON (about 3 miles; BOCA RATON, FL; Full-time enrollment: 14,311)
- PALM BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 16 miles; LAKE WORTH, FL; FT enrollment: 8,390)
- KEISER COLLEGE (about 17 miles; Ft. Lauderdale, FL; FT enrollment: 2,879)
- PALM BEACH ATLANTIC COLLEGE-WEST PALM BEACH (about 19 miles; WEST PALM BEACH, FL; FT enrollment: 2,109)
- BROWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 20 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,747)
- ART INSTITUTE OF FORT LAUDERDALE (about 21 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 2,488)
- NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY (about 26 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,554)
Library in Highland Beach:
- HIGHLAND BEACH LIBRARY (Operating income: $235,187; Location: 3614 SOUTH OCEAN BLVD.; 18,000 books; 790 audio materials; 2,178 video materials; 79 serial subscriptions)